Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Last Days in England

James, Rob, Immie, Peter (top), Susan, Toto and Matthew Brown
We are enjoying our last night in England relaxing at Rob and Susan's house after another wonderful dinner.  Last night we played Scrabble; Susan won.  This evening we played a game called Articulate, males against females.  Of course, the girls won!

It was actually sunny today.  Susan and I went into Newbury to run a couple errands and then walked along the banks of the Kennet, where serene swans swim on the smooth, dark water.  Later in the afternoon, James did some hedge trimming, and Peter, Susan and I helped with raking and carting away so that the four of us could fit in a bit of tennis while the skies were clear.  The courts were a bit damp.  Considering I was borrowing a racquet, wearing Katya's shoes and playing on a surface I was not used to, I didn't play badly, but Peter and I lost to James and Susan in a tie breaker.

We need to pack up tonight and leave the house at 7 a.m. on tomorrow morning (Wed., July 18).  We fly into Pittsburgh and will stay in New Cumberland for a couple days, visiting my parents and packing for the upcoming beach vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment